Let us help you find your next step.
SEMCA Michigan Works! has programs that offer eligible job seekers opportunities for free training to start a new career in high-demand occupations such as advanced manufacturing, construction, health care and information technology.
Up to $5,000* is available for
*based on eligibility and availability of funding
Potential training program options
Some training programs can even offer college credits. Supportive services may be available to assist with completing training.
- Robotics Technicians, Mechatronics, CNC Technicians, Robotic Welders/Soldering
- Medical Billing, Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA), Patient Care Technician (PCT)
- CyberSecurity, Info Technology & Security
- CDL Licensing
Contact a SEMCA Career Coach
To quality for funding job seekers must fall into one of the following categories:
- A displaced spouse of a member of the armed forces
- Receiving Public Assistance
- COVID-19 Essential Worker
- An individual who is unemployed or significantly underemployed
- Unemployed for 27 or more consecutive weeks
- An individual unlikely to return to work or laid off due to a plant closure or substantial layoff