LANSING, Mich. – If you receive notice of “Additional Claim required,” this means your current claim has been interrupted, and you must reactivate your claim for payment. There can be several circumstances when you may be required to file an additional claim.
Those reasons include:
- A review of your account found that you have sufficient wages to establish a new regular claim for unemployment benefits.
- You reported more than 1.5 times your weekly benefit amount – causing excess earnings during your certification week.
- You went back to work and are separated again from an employer.
- You waive (do not certify) three weeks of benefits in a row.
- You have a separation of quit or fired during the week you are certifying.
You can view this helpful video to guide you through how to file your additional claim in MiWAM.
More information is available on the UIA website to guide you through the unemployment insurance process. Please check our website for frequently asked questions, video tutorials and other information that may answer your questions.
Visit the Michigan.gov/coronavirus for the latest COVID-19 updates and resources from the State of Michigan.