You Hire. You Train. You Get Reimbursed.
Want to reduce the cost of training new hires? If your company is located in Monroe or Wayne County (outside of Detroit) and offers full-time permanent positions, we have a solution for you. Introducing SEMCA Michigan Works! On-The-Job Training (OJT) Program. We can provide financial assistance to help your candidates develop the skills needed to excel in their roles. Don’t miss this opportunity to invest in your workforce and maximize productivity. Contact us today!
EMPLOYERS CAN BENEFIT BY
SEMCA's OJT Program
What is OJT?
- It’s a federally funded initiative designed to support employers by reimbursing them for the costs associated with training new employees.
- Perfect for employers who are expanding their operations and require staff trained in specialized skills.
- Eligible employers can receive up to 50% wage reimbursement, making it a cost-effective solution for workforce development.
Who selects the OJT trainees?
- SEMCA takes charge of identifying and referring potential candidates for the program.
- You have the option to refer applicants to SEMCA Michigan Works! for assessment of their eligibility for the program.
- Eligibility criteria are determined by factors such as household income, job dislocation, and other relevant considerations.
NEW HIRES CAN BENEFIT BY
How to Get Started
Please get in touch with your local SEMCA Business Services Representative as soon as the position becomes available and once you have identified a suitable candidate, but before their employment begins.
The duration of an OJT contract can vary, with a maximum period of six months, although the average duration typically ranges from one to three months.
The registration process generally takes approximately five business days to complete.
Please use the form below for more information.